Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Last days in Beijing and "split pants" explained ...

Well...I understand some of you may not have understood the split pants thing.  Babies in China do NOT wear diapers.  They wear these little pants that basically have no crotch in them.  They simply relieve themselves whenever they want (or their parent encourages them) via the split pants.  Quite interesting....but just think of the savings with no Pampers!

We had our last day of training today.  We had to teach one of our units to the rest of our team and get feedback from them.  I think teaching with your fellow teachers may be the most intimidating of all but things went well.  We are very encouraged by the members of our team.  We have Minnie from Oregon, Becky from Nebraska, Marilyn from South Dakota, Sharon from West Virginia, Phyllis from Texas, the Wongs from California and the Varnesses from Illinois.  We are a "senior" group with the youngest being 58.  I prefer to call us "mature".  

We leave for Harbin on Friday but before we go we have a day of seeing a bit of Beijing.  Rollin and I are in charge of a group going to see the Olympic Forest.  We may get a glimpse of the Bird's Nest and the Water Cube but the main attraction is a huge park that was intended to be a bird sanctuary.  The weatherman predicts a 90% chance of rain so we're hoping he's wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment