Sunday, July 22, 2012

This morning we were able to visit the church we would sometimes attend in 1989-90.  The service was especially meaningful to us because we were able to attend the English speaking service.  The church was packed!  There were a few other foreigners in the group but mostly younger Chinese.  The sermon was about Brokenness and was quite good.  There was a lot of scripture and a lot of singing. They included one of my favorites too.....Amazing Grace/My Chains are Gone.   It was truly a joy to see!

One of my students joined us there.  I was not able to physically GO with her but we could MEET there.  Rollin and I took her out to eat following the service.  She found a little hole-in-the-wall and we ate 3 kinds of jiao zi (dumplings) and some liang cai (salad).  The first jiao zi to come out was mostly filled with meat.  I took a bite and thought perhaps it was beef.  She said....maybe....or maybe the meat of donkey.  I'm not sure.  I forgot the rules about eating first and asking what it was later.  We wanted to spend time with her and answer questions she might have had.  The rest of our team had splurged and gone to Pizza Hut.  Hmm......meat of donkey or Pizza Hut.....hmmm......spending time with my student was worth it.  Smile

Our time here is flying by.  Two weeks from today we will be leaving China and heading back to the US.  We are staying a few days in California with Noah and Bailey.  It's always fun to see them but we also feel that spending some time processing the previous six weeks will be good as well before we head back to life in the fast lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment