Rollin had invited his students to our room tonight to look at pictures on the computer and to teach them the game Set so I took off to visit my students in their dormitory. They were so excited to have their American teacher visit them in their own setting. Each room I went to tried to get me to eat some of their food that they had squirreled away for themselves. Cucumbers, apples, peaches, some unidentified melon and sunflower seeds were the snacks of choice. I had a wonderful time visiting them.
I probably had the highest compliment paid to me today when one of my students told me that she did not see me as American but as her sister. It is such an honor to be here and to be working with these precious people. We have just one week left to spend with them and I ache when I think about our good-byes that must be said next week. It does help that many of us will be able to Skype with each other in the future. Email has made it more possible to communicate in the future, but there's nothing like sitting next to each of them and sharing our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment